We’re excited to announce the launch of the new SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect, the next generation of the best-selling SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder. This smart feeder monitors how much and when a pet eats, sending real-time updates directly to the pet owner’s phone. The new product also features integrated scales, which enable owners to provide accurate food portions to their pet at every meal.
Feeding behavior is a key indicator of health for pets, with a loss of appetite or change in feeding habits often being one of the first signs of illness. The Microchip Pet Feeder Connect records the time and weight of food consumed by a pet each time they eat from the feeder, reporting it directly to the Sure Petcare app.
Over time, this enables pet owners to build a comprehensive understanding of their pet’s unique feeding patterns, making it easier for them to spot changes in their pet’s health and wellbeing earlier than they may otherwise have been able to do so.
Many cats share their home with another feline friend, or even a dog and the Microchip Pet Feeder Connect is ideal for these multi-pet households, as the product uses a pet’s identification microchip, or Sure Petcare collar tag, as a unique “key”, allowing only authorized pets to access the food in the bowl.
Preventing food stealing by other pets in this way not only leads to more harmonious mealtimes, but also makes the Microchip Pet Feeder Connect so valuable for the many households where pets are on either prescription diets or weight management programs.
The Microchip Pet Feeder Connect also enables owners to personalize their pet’s feeding regime to suit their unique needs – whether that is to help address a specific health concern, such as obesity, or to establish a consistent and appropriate feeding routine, which all pets can benefit from.
Using the app, pet owners can specify the weight of a food serving for their pet. Once completed, every time they add food to the bowl, the integrated scales will weigh the food and, LEDs on the front of the feeder will indicate when the correct portion weight has been reached.
Once connected to the Sure Petcare app via the Hub (sold separately) owners can:
- Monitor food consumption: see how much, how often and for how long their pet eats, to get a comprehensive view of their pet’s eating patterns.
- Receive detailed insights: notice changes in feeding behaviour which may be early indicators of illness or behavioural issues.
- Set and manage accurate food portions: set the portion size and type of food to be served, for up to two types of food (eg. wet and dry). Once portion sizes have been set up in the app, the product’s integrated scales weigh food as it is added to the bowl.
- Gain peace of mind: check their pet was last fed and how much food is left in their bowl. This provides great peace of mind when owners are away from home.
- Connect with family and friends: share access to the app with friends and family – ideal for pet sitters and day-to-day care.
- Use with existing Sure Petcare “Connect” products: each hub can connect up to 10 devices within the same household, enabling pet owners to manage all of their Sure Petcare “Connect” products from the same app account. The hub is also compatible with the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect and SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap Connect.
Dr Nick Hill, founder and CEO of Sure Petcare said: “The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect not only provides owners with peace of mind and control over portions, but also enables owners to link all their Sure Petcare Connect products, within one app. This provides owners with a detailed picture of their pet’s overall health and wellbeing, with all data feeding into one screen. Owners can check their pet’s access in and out of the home as well as changes in feeding behaviour, and we plan to add more products to the Sure Petcare Connected Pet Ecosystem in the future.”
Watch the video below and see for yourself how clever this feeder is:
* The cat loving folks at Sure Petcare were kind enough to offer us a Surefeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect for one lucky Purrington Post reader to WIN! [contest details below].
Key Benefits of the Microchip Pet Feeder Connect include:
- Keeps track of your cat’s feeding habits. This is important because changes in feeding behavior can be an early sign of illness
- Peace of mind when you’re away from home
- Know when and how much your cat eats from anywhere
- The ideal solution for weight management and prescription diets
- Accurately weigh your cat’s food and stop food stealing
Key Features of the Microchip Pet Feeder Connect include:
- Connects to the Sure Petcare app via the Hub (sold separately)
- Portion out your cat’s food within 1 gram accuracy using the integrated scales and portion indicator lights as a visual guide
- Easy to clean – removable parts for cleaning access and wipe-clean surfaces
- Microchip access – Stops other pets stealing food
- Feed up to two different food types in one feeder
Product Information – The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect box contains:
- 1 x Microchip Pet Feeder Connect
- 1 x single food type bowl and bowl supports
- 2 x half bowls and bowl supports (to be used together when feeding two different types of food)
- 1x mat (to collect food spills)
- 1x Sure Petcare RFID Collar Tag (for non-microchipped pets)
The Sure Petcare app is available for free download on the App Store (iOS 9 or later) and Google Play (Android 4.4 or later).
* Contest Details
This contest ended on August 29th, 2019 and was available to U.S. residents only. To enter you needed to submit a comment in our “Leave a Reply” section at the bottom of this page saying:
Our family could really use a Surefeed Microchip Feeder Connect because [enter your reason]
The winner was chosen by the Sure Petcare team from all the correctly submitted entries, and contacted by email.
About Sure Petcare
Sure Petcare provides pet products that empower owners to care for their pets in entirely new ways. Founded in 2007, Sure Petcare has developed an award-winning range of microchip-operated pet doors and feeders, which solve many problems commonly experienced by pet owners. Sure Petcare products have been used by pet owners across the globe for ten years. The company sells direct, through retail stores and veterinary practices in 35 countries.
For further information visit surepetcare.com.